Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday 11 August 2022

A LETTER TO MY WIFE [episode 3]


 

I got back into my apartment, furious. I couldn't even listen to the fabulous music anymore because the atmosphere wasn't calm like a few minutes ago when I was listening to 'THE MOMENT' album by Kenny G.

The inflatable air sofa became uncomfortable as I stood up and stepped towards the fridge by my dining.

I took out a bottle of Bailey Irish cream and filled a margarita glass to the brim as I took the first sip making the glass half. All I wanted was to forget about what I saw in flat 6. I should have left flat six the way it had been.

Thirty minutes later, I heard my phone ring as I looked at the caller. It was Tony.

"OgaTenny," Tony called

"Hey bro, are you at my gate?" I replied

"Yes, boss", Tony replied.

"Put the phone on speaker so I can tell Bello to give you access," I said.

"The phone is on speaker now, sir," Tony updated me.

"Bello, na me Tenny, abeg allow Tony come inside," I instructed

"OK, sir," Bello responded.

I stood by my door as Tony climbed up, and I ushered him into my house to brief him on what he was to do.

"Tony, take one shot, na," I said as I handed Tony another margarita glass.

He turned some Irish cream into his glass until his glass was half.

Tony began to sip his baileys Irish cream as I briefed him.

"Tony, na my neighbour car you go fix, e dey for our junction. Follow me, make we go," I said to Tony.

He finished his drink and followed me.

I called Nene while standing in front of my flat to avoid seeing the Zee world master.

The phone rang as Nene answered. I was the one who spoke first.

"Nene, Tony is here. Please, can you come out so we can go and give him the car," I asked her?

"OK, Tenny, just a moment. I'm coming." Nene replied.

Less than five minutes, Nene came out, wearing a ladies' fashion button gown and summer women's flip-flop slippers. She looked so beautiful, and I couldn't help but stare and smile at Nene as she smiled back.

Myself, Nene and Tony walked downstairs as I unlocked my 2017 Toyota Corolla SE model. Nene reached out for the back seat door behind my seat, but I told her to sit at the front as Tony won't be coming back with us.

We drove to where the car was, and Nene unlocked her 2016 Toyota Venza XLE, removing a document as she handed Tony the key.

"Tony, whatever it is, let me know. Thank you," I said to Tony as I entered my car with Nene.

"Please, can you take me to the BOOMS SUPERMARKET? I need to get a few things for the house." Nene asked.

"Sure, Nene," I answered as I began driving in that direction.

It was as if she knew I wanted to ask if that was her boyfriend because I had never seen a guy at Nene's apartment since she moved in a month ago.

"Tee," Nene called me in a soft tone.

"The person you saw in my house is ...........

 

Watch out for the next episode....

©SOB BOOKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment